Monday, May 5, 2008

My First Ever Chicken Recipe

Friday was a very tiring day at office and I reached home almost around 9 PM. Naveen; was already at home; and to my surprise he marinated the chicken that was in refrigerator; but since I had no patience/strength to cook the chicken; I delayed it for the next day.

From navin; I learned how he marinated it.

Take Chicken in a large bowl (Kind of besan). Take curd in a bowl; add salt red chilly powder, ginger garlic paste and soya sauce; Mix all this in the curd and make it soft. Now add this to the chicken. Just mixing in the curd is just to make sure that the ingredients mix well and we can spread to the chicken softly.

Now keep this for marination.

My version of the recipe:

Ingredients:

1) Oil.

2) Shajeera.

3) Lawangam.

4) Tez Pattha

5) Haldi

6) Onions ( Finely Chopped)

7) Karipattha (Finely Chopped)

8) Coriander (Finely Chopped)

Procedure:

Take a skillet; add oil to it; once that is hot; add shajeera, Lavangam and tez pattha. Now add Karipathha and Onions; once the onions are translucent add haldi; let the onions become a bit brown. Now add chicken and put the lid. If you want it to be a bit gravy; add little water(bare minimum) and let it simmer. After 15-20 minutes; the chicken will be done. Now garnish with coriander.

Serve hot with Chapathi or Rice.

This is the most simplest chicken recipe; I would post one more ASAP that I learned from my brother Gautham. This was the second time I prepared chicken; going further I would keep you posted more chicken recipes.

No comments: