Thursday, January 28, 2010

Microwave Hyderabadi Bhagara RIce


Microwave Bagara Rice:

This simple, yummy Hyderabadi rice is one of my favorites. You can just eat with curd /raita. The best would be to eat with mutton/chicken curry. But for today I had Paneer at home. So I served the rice with Butter Paneer Masala. I had this recipe from my co-sister. She is very good at it. I’ll soon post that recipe .Back to Bagara Rice-My colleagues simply loved this recipe. With the recent encounters with the Microwave I’ve learned that it is awesome to cook varieties of rice.

· Rice – 1 Cup

· Water – 3 Cups

· Cinnamon

· Cloves

· Bay leaves

· Shahi jeera

· Onion

· Green chillies

· Curry leaves

· Pudina leaves

· Oil

· Ghee

· Salt as per taste

Method Of Preparation

· Take a microwave safebowl

· Add 2 Tsp Of Gee and 4/5 TbSp of Vegetable Oil

· Add the spices-Shah Jeera, Cinamon,Bay Leaves, Cloves

· Microwave High for 30 Seconds

· Take out the bowl

· Add-Curry Leaves, Pudina Leaves,Slit Green Chillies, Slit Onions

· Add Ginger Garlic Paste

· Microwave High(uncovered) for another 1 Minute

· Now add the washed rice

· Pour in the water

· Add Salt

· Microwave High For 10 Minutes(Uncovered)

· Mix the rice well

· Microwave High For another 5 Minutes(Uncovered)


2 comments:

Unknown said...

cool and a really useful one for me :)

Prasanna Kunchavaram said...

wow! yummy.....