Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Microwave Perugu Pachadi:

I’m in love with this simple/simplest yummy recipe.
I’ve first tasted this at the office lunch room; when one of my colleagues got it .
I was bowled our by the color , texture of this reciepe.
The first scoop was so mouth watering. And then the entire bowl of it was the same as the first spoon.
You got me right, I conquered and consumed the whole bowl of the perugu pachadi 
I was so much in love, as soon as I rushed to home; I prepared it.
Back from office at 10:00PM and I was so enthusiastic to make it at that nite, now one can imagine how much I fell for it.
My husband smelled I was doing something in the kitchen. Though unlike before he did not ask me ; what am I cooking so late in the nite. He might have got used to my madness by now. My love-making in the kitchen. Perverts!!! Love with cooking new recipes: P
Back then I had gas and I prepared it over stove. Now since this is in microwave ; its worth putting it down here.
Ingredients:
1. Curd – 2 Cups
2. Salt – ½ Tsp
3. Turmeric – A pinch or two
4. Onion-1 Medium Sized.
5. Coriander leaves

For Tampering:
1. Dried Red Chillies – 2
2. Greeen Chillies – 2
3. Mustard Seeds – ½ Tsp
4. Jeera – ½ Tsp
5. Senega Pappu – 1 Tsp
6. Curry Leaves – 5-6
7. Oil for Tadka

Preparation:

1. Take the curd in a bowl
2. Beat into a fine cream-like consistency with a fork
3. Fork easily breaks the curd and gives a fine texture to curd
4. Add salt,turmeric powder to the curd.
5. Cut the green chilies in small/nice rounds.
6. Shred the onion into small pieces
7. Chop/mince the coriander leaves
8. Mix all the above in the curd and beat again with the fork
9. Add the above mentioned ingredients only after beating the curd.
10. If we add the ingredients before beating the curd; the curd might not get the soft yum texture.
Now do the tampering:
11. Here there is a catch. The red chillies are usually broken into two for tadka. But for this recipe; you need to tear the red chillies into pieces. Crush it with your hands.
12. Take a microwave safe bowl
13. Add the Tampering Ingredients to the bowl
14. Microwave High For 3-4 Minutes
15. Add this tadka to the the curd bowl
16. And the yummy perugu pachadi is ready

I serve this with plain rice/roti . And believe me you can just consume it like a salad also.
We are all aware of the benefits of Curd,Curry Leaves . This is power packed simple recipe 
It means more; since my husband just loves it. I serve all the yummy food which he likes before we go out for any shopping  . Ahhh! I know you’re all smart to know why is that 

No comments: