Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Microwave Rasam

Since I did not want to take huge risks while microwave cooking. I thought of Rasam.

As no mishap can happen with Rasam J

I served this Rasam with hot rice and a garlic pickle

It turned out awesome.

Ingredients



1. Tomatoes-4

2. Garlic pods-10

3. Turmeric Powder-1 Tsp

4. Salt to taste-1 Tsp

5. Red Chili Powder-1Tb Sp

6. Cumin Powder-1 Tsp

7. Black Pepper Powder-1Tb Sp

8. Dhaniya Powder-1Tb Sp

9. Fresh Curry Leaves -15

10. Fresh Coriander Leaves-A small bunch

11. Dry Red Chilies -2

12. Tamarind Extract-1 small lollipop sized

13. Vegetable Oil – 1 Ganta/10 TbSp

14. Water – 1 ½ - 2 (Depends on the consistency one desires)



Preparation:

1. Soak the tamarind in warm water for about 30 mins

2. Extract the water

3. Preserve the tamarind pulp.

4. Cut Tomatoes into small pieces

5. Crush the garlic-Yummy! I like that raw smell; that tickles my nose J

6. I add lots of garlic to Rasam. I’m a garlic fan J

7. Break the red chillies into small pieces

8. Shred the Coriander and Curry leaves.

9. I add lots of Coriander and Curry leaves to Rasam

10. Take a Microwave safe bowl

11. Add a dollop of vegetable oil in the pan.

12. Add all the ingredients in the bowl

13. Mix well.

14. Cover the lid

15. Microwave high for 3 minutes

16. Take out the vessel; and mix the ingredients.

17. Microwave on High for another 3 mins

18. Now add the extracted Tamarind water in the bowl

19. Microwave on High for another 5-7 minutes



That’s it. Take it out and its ready to be served.

No comments: