Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Cheesy Spicy Apna Bobino :-)


This is my creation.
I'm proud of myself.
Ahh entirely my creation.
I'm inspired by several recipes - no doubt; but this is my baby.

I did mention i gather all those left over sauce sachets and oreganos from
Dominos, Pizza Hut and KFC. I did store all of them in a very attractive
Box. A box which was given a complimentary for Budweisers. Yum! Both the
sauces, seasonings and beer. Yum!!!

Okay; i've went into the kitchen to prepare Bombino for breakfast.
The usual way; jeera, baby corn, south indian tampering etc.
I got so bored of doing it the same way.

Lemme wear my creative hat(taste-bud hat )

I actually cut vegetables for the usual way; but only when i put on the flame -
i realized i'm in a experimental mood. Hence the ingredients were all on-the-fly.
I'm such a random cook

Ingredients:

  • Oil - 1 TbSp
  • Green Chillies - 2 Slit
  • Onion - 1 Medium - Finely Chopped
  • Coriander Leaves - Chopped
  • Curry Leaves - Chopped
  • Baby Corn - 4
  • Tomato - 1 - Small - Chopped
  • Bombino - 3 Cups
  • Water - 2 1/2 Cups
  • Salt - 1/2 Tsp
  • Ajinomotto - 1 Pinch
  • Cheese - 1 Cube - Grated
  • Weikfield Mustard Paste - 1/2 Tsp

For Seasoning:

  • Oregano(Domino) - 1 Sachet
  • Spicy Sprinkle(KFC) - 1 Sachet
  • Tomato Sauce(KFC) - As per taste
  • Lemon Juice - Acc to taste

Method:

  • Heat a wok.
  • Add oil - bring to heat.
  • Add green chillies , onion, curry leaves.
  • Let onions turn pink.
  • Now; add baby corn, coriander, tomato, salt, Ajinomotto, Mustard Paste.
  • Stir Well. Add water.

NOTE : Usually; for bombino ; its 1:1 water .
But I've made it 3:2.5.
Since i wanted this bombino to be a bit dry and brown.

  • Bring the water to boil
  • Add the bombino gradually - stir while you add it.
  • Cover with the lid
  • Check after 5 mins - wait till the water is drained.
  • Once the bombino is done - add the grated cheese.
  • Cover for 3-4 minutes.
  • Take off flame .
  • Season with Oregano, Spicy Sprinkle, Tomato Sauce and Lemon Juice.

This is Cheesy, Tangy, Sour , Sweet and everything.
Nutritious and makes a heavy breakfast.
Something different than the the routine.

Husband has thoroughly enjoyed it.
I had to let go my portion(Bharteey Naari haha)

Try it for a change.

No comments: